Friday 9 January 2015

Reviewing diphthongs

Reviewing diphthongs

Reviewing diphthongs

Read the text aloud and identify the sounds. Fill in all the gaps with the diphthongs that appear in the words on the left of the gap, then press "Check" to check your answers. Use the "Hint" button to get a free letter if an answer is giving you trouble. Note that you will lose points if you ask for hints! You will be able to write the diphthongs using this page: http://ipa.typeit.org/
At nine o'clock this morning I left the house and was walking down the hill to school. The sun was bright and the flowers seemed unusually nice . Sometimes I like to drive if it's cloudy or unpleasant outside . While I enjoy the walk down , it is certainly easier to be able to ride home at night . I live nearly a mile from school and it is a steep climb up the hill.
This morning my mind was occupied trying to remember the knowledge that was to be tested in one of my classes. However , I was not undisturbed long with my private thoughts. First I heard a loud cry and then saw a small crowd collecting. I couldn't account for the noise . I looked around and inquired about the noise . The point was that a child , a very small boy , had tried to swallow a coin . His mother had stopped him just as it was going down . After taking the coin away from him, and putting it inside her pocket, she gave him a spanking. I arrived just at this point and decided that she was certainly right . While it was only a small coin , he was only a small boy .

No comments:

Post a Comment